Please read all information on this page and ensure you download the A5 abstract submission word template. Your abstract must be submitted using this template.
You are invited to submit an abstract/s to be reviewed for inclusion in the congress program as either an oral or a poster presentation. Where a submission is not accepted for an oral presentation, the author will be offered a poster presentation.
Oral presentations – 10 minutes duration with 5 minutes for questions
Poster presentations – posters will be on display with authors in attendance at a specified day/time
All successful abstracts will be published in the congress app and will be published on the IATDMCT 2018 congress website.
Abstract submissions will close on Wednesday 28 February 2018.
Abstract review process
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by at least three reviewers. In evaluating each abstract, reviewers will be unaware of authors or institutions involved with the work described in the abstract. (Abstracts will be suitably anonymised by the congress secretariat before being sent out to reviewers). Once the review process has been completed, the committee will assign accepted abstracts either to an oral or poster presentation.
Notification of acceptances/regrets
Notification of the outcome of the review and acceptances will be sent to the contact person (this should be the first presenting author) by Monday 30 April 2018. Only the contact person will be notified of acceptance or non- acceptance, and it is their responsibility to notify all other authors about the outcome of the reviewers’ decision.
For all accepted abstracts, further details regarding the oral presentation (PowerPoint presentation) and poster presentation (poster size, format, style and layout etc) will be communicated to the contact person as appropriate.
All presenting authors must be registered for the conference to be able to present the abstract. The deadline for presenting author registration is Saturday 30 June 2018.
Enquiries regarding abstracts should be emailed to the congress secretariat.
Abstracts are invited for submission in the following themes:
- Alternative sampling strategies
- Anti-infective drugs
- Clinical Toxicology/drugs of abuse
- Immunosuppressive drugs
- Standards of practice
- TDM in Oncology
- Other theme
Instructions to authors
Before proceeding to submit your abstract, please read the following author instructions to ensure you have all of the information that will be needed to complete the submission process. Please pay particular attention to these instructions as abstracts that do not conform will not be accepted by the editors.
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission site.
- Abstracts submitted for scientific sessions should describe work that has not been published or presented at another congress. The selection of contributions for scientific sessions will depend on the quality of the abstract submitted.
- The text should be as informative as possible. Statements such as “The results will be discussed” are not acceptable and will likely result in rejection.
- Abstracts must be submitted on the A5 word template.
- Do not change the page margins or any set up features.
- Do not include the presentation title or the author names and affiliations on the abstract. (These details will be captured during the online submission process).
- The abstract must be one single page only.
- The abstract should be typed in 10 point Calibri font (do not use “bold” type)
- All text should be entered in sentence case (do not type in CAPITAL LETTERS)
- If inserting colour tables and images into the template, please keep in mind that these may not reproduce well on a monotone printer, so it is preferable that the images used be suitable for black and white printing.
- The abstract must fit within the space on the template provided.
Abstracts MUST be typed into the following Word template: